GDP-04Ai is JabloPhone model which has analogue phone line (PSTN). This analogue line is useful for connecting external analogue phone. Besides this, you can also connect external device for signalization of ringing. This is useful in noisy environment or when you are away from your phone but you do not want to miss calls. When JabloPhone is ringing this device will be ringing too. Some devices will also flash their strobe light. Application note describes using JabloPhone with such devices.
Choosing the ringer
We have tested JabloPhone with the ringer Geemarc CL-11 (on the left picture below). It rings up to 95dB and flashes its LED when phone is ringing. But you can choose from a number of ringers on the market. Manufacturers commonly advertise their use with analogue desktop phone. You can use these ringers also with PSTN line of JabloPhone model GDP-04Ai.
You may need to use more ringers with one GDP-04Ai. This may be possible, it depends on the type of the ringer. In parameters of each ringer you will find the parameter REN (ringing equivalent number). JabloPhone supplies its PSTN line with power up to 3 REN. If your ringer has REN number 1 then JabloPhone can supply power up to 3 ringers. For example, you can use up to three ringers Geemarc CL-11 with one JabloPhone (GDP-04Ai).
Connect your ringer to JabloPhone
You will connect your ringer to JabloPhone (GDP-04Ai) when you follow these steps:
- Connect the cable of analogue line to JabloPhone. The cable has connector RJ-11.
- Connect the other side of cable to the ringer. IMPORTANT: plug the cable of analogue line into the slot of landline marked LINE. Do NOT plug the cable into the slot of telephone marked TEL. You can damage your ringer if you do not keep this rule.
- Plug JabloPhone into the AC power.
- Now the ringer will ring when there is incoming call. Make a test call.
Where to buy
- Geemarc CL-11, manufacturer Telecom SA (we tested this device)
- RingFlash 100, manufacturer Amplicomms
- Amplified Ringer 05 with Strobe, manufacturer Compu TTY, Inc.