How can I update Essence (GDP-06) in a web browser?
You can update Essence from JabloTool on www.jablotool.com. Update is available both for end users and for administrators of phone groups. You will need active data on the SIM card. For more information about suitable data tariff for Essence click here. The size of one update is about 1MB. The update is fully automatic.
Essence update by end user
Follow these steps:
- Login to your JabloTool account on www.jablotool.com and select your Essence.
- If you do not have JabloTool account yet select Create new account, fill in your email address and contact details.
- Once your account is ready select Add new and add Essence.
- Fill in Essence phone number in international format,
- Confirm the registration on Essence. Essence will register to your JabloTool account.
- Select Settings, Firmware update
- Select Update to update your phone.
Essence update by administrator
- Login to your JabloTool account on www.jablotool.com and select your phone group.
- Select Phones → Add phone in case you need to add the phone to the group.
- Click on Updates. Select which phones should be updated. Launch the update.
For information about new features in latest SW version see release notes here.
If you do not have data on the SIM card you can update Essence via USB cable. Follow the guide here.